Job Title: National Account Manager
Functional Area: Furniture + Hardware
Employment Status: Full Time (Home Base)
1. Understanding of the Retail/Two Step Channel, identify all new opportunities and prioritize these opportunities based on product plans and strategy.
2. Maximize sales & profitability with existing accounts and pursue new business opportunities.
3. Develop a sales plan for each account by product, developing unique ways to grow the business with customers.
4. Assist in the product development process with marketing and with key manufacturers.
5. Develop promotions and work with all key vendors that support the promotional activities.
6. Perform and coordinate market and channel research to gain insights into trends, market and customer needs, competitive advantages and product perception.
7. Plan, carry out & support local marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales, and integrate personal sales efforts with other organized marketing activities, e.g., product launches, retail shows, promotions and advertising.
8. Develop a strong relationship with assigned list of key accounts.
9. Analyze Sales, gross profit and POS information to identify trends, issues and opportunities.
10. Conduct monthly and quarterly evaluations.
11. Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information.
a) Develop joint strategies that are mutually beneficial to Dorel and the customer.
b) Bring fresh insight to the customer’s business that will help them deliver competitive advantages.
12. Participate in the annual planning and budgeting process.
a) Prepare annual sales forecasts by product and by customer
Skills + Qualifications:
1. Three to five years’ experience managing National Accounts in Canada
2. Experience working directly with key customers in a dynamic and professional manner
3. Strong business leadership and negotiating skills
4. Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
5. Detail oriented, self-starter with excellent time management
6. Strong planning and organizational skills
7. Good knowledge of Furniture & RTA industry