Job Title: Vice President, Corporate + Public Affairs
Functional Area: Corporate PR + Public Affairs
Employment Status: Full Time
Our client is currently seeking a Vice President, Corporate + Public Affairs for their growing team based in the beautiful Toronto office. The Toronto Vice President is responsible for the strategic direction and management, growth of all Corporate & Public Affairs business in Toronto. The Vice President is an industry leader, business driver and an innovator in their specialty – managing the execution of client programs and overall quality of the work. The Vice President will be a true partner in the business and that means more than within Toronto operations - it will include liaison and relationship management with the Vancouver and Montreal offices as well as being a part of the North American leadership team.
• Contribute to the agency's P+L management including creating an actionable vision/strategy under the direction of the GM.
• In partnership with the GM and the business team, prospect and win tier-one, global Corporate & Public Affairs assignments.
• Demonstrate ownership of key accounts, engaging with client senior management team as a strategic partner including serving as a resource to the network and key account teams.
• Ensure standards of client service, guarantee quality of product and delivery, which yield enduring relationships with clients.
• Create a learning environment that allows risk, encourages creative approaches and rewards innovative solutions and breakthrough thinking.
• Foster an atmosphere of teamwork, collegiality and cooperation across the network Nationally.
• Manage and develop a quality account management staff dedicated to a high level of client service.
• Maintain constant communication with and to all levels of staff regarding local and regional C&P business happenings as well as the companies vision and points of difference.
• Work holistically with other related agencies and offices.
• Contribute to operational and financial performance of account teams, ensuring quality work, effective processes and that client requests are handled in timely and strategic fashion.
• Thoughtfully counsel clients based on broad communications landscape and business goals; take immediate action on client feedback.
• Demonstrate advanced writing skills and supervise writing of others.
• Supervise staff by mentoring, motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, holding them accountable and overseeing their professional development.
• Contribute to billing and RFP response.
• Commit to continuous learning and improvement of leadership skills.
• Demonstrate behaviors consistent with company values (Quality, Integrity, Respect, Entrepreneurial Spirit, and Mutual Benefits) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
• The Vice President should have a bachelor’s degree in a related field and strong understanding of how to communicate with teams and work from both client and agency sides;
• Minimum of 10 years of Agency PR experience or a combinations of agency and in-house experience;
• Proven track record and builder of business and of teams;
• Ability to handle multiple assignments/projects;
• Dynamic presentation skills;
• Understanding of managing a P+L;
• Proven expertise in client relations and strategic thinking;
• An excellent problem solver and decision maker;
• Excellent leadership skills and ability to multi-task and delegate;
• She/he should have a track record of leading profitable programs that have advanced client business goals;